4 Salmon Fillets
House Taco Blend
1/2 Cup of Peas
Punnet Pea Shoots
1 Corn on the Cob
1 Shot of Tequila
Putting It Together
- Start by slicing the salmon fillet lengthways down the middle. So you end up with 8 pieces of salmon. Lay on a plate and season with the spice mix.
- Make the 4 lime cheeks and reserve the centre piece.
- While the salmon is marinading, make up the guacamole and salsa. For the guacamole scoop out the flesh of the avocado and place in a blender. Add the peas, squeeze in one of the centre pieces remaining from the cheeks, season and blend. Set aside
- For the salsa quarter the tomato and remove the seeds. Finely dice and place in a bowl. For the zucchini, slice lengthways as thinly as possible. Slice lengthways again so you have long strips and then cut in the other direction so you have small dice. Add these to the tomato, squeeze in the juice from the remaining lime centre and pour in the shot of tequila.
- To cook the fish heat up a pan and add some oil to prevent it from sticking. When hot add the fillets spice side down. This will give you more flavour from caramelisation and also cook the spice blend. You will see the salmon changing colour. When the colour change reaches the middle flip the salmon over and continue to cook for another minute.
- For the corn, bring a pan of water to the boil. Once boiling drop the corn in. When the water returns to the boil remove. If you have a gas stove you can place over the gas to add some char. Otherwise cut down the sides to remove the kernels.
- To plate, dollop a spoonful of the guacamole and spread lengthways across a warmed taco. Place a salmon fillet on top and spoon over some salsa. Try not to get too much liquid as this will make the tortilla soggy. Divide the corn between the tacos.
- Place 2 tacos per plate. Top with pea shoots, garnish with the lime cheek and serve.